As Ohio's largest charitable response to hunger, the Ohio Association of Foodbanks relies on passionate, enthusiastic, and dedicated individuals! You are welcome to submit a resume to email@example.com.
The Ohio Association of Foodbanks is a proud employer of U.S. military service members and national services alums, including AmeriCorps VISTA, AmeriCorps State & National, AmeriCorps NCCC, Peace Corps, and Senior Corps.
We are currently seeking applications for several AmeriCorps VISTA positions to begin in November 2016. Please learn more and apply at ohiofoodbanks.org/recruitment.
We are currently hiring for the staff position below. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Finance
Position Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Position Overview: This is a full-time finance support position that focuses on performing the accounts payable functions of the association. This includes paying all invoices within the organization and ensuring all proper documentation is provided prior to payment and following through with the process to ensure all vendor files are accurate and complete. This position is also responsible for transacting other financial tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and Finance Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive and process all incoming invoices
- Manage payables and correct all general ledger coding
- Input invoice information into Filemaker database, match invoices with documentation such as appropriate receiving reports, Bills of Lading, etc., and enter invoices into accounting system
- Print accounts payable checks and match them with the appropriate invoice and backup documentation, present checks for approval signature, mail checks to vendors, file check copies, invoices, and backup documentation in accounts payable files, and maintain accounts payable files
- Maintain vendor information within accounting system
- Compile Core Food program invoice and submit to the State of Ohio on a weekly basis
- Maintain organization integrity by keeping information confidential
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and stay abreast of best practices in the industry
- Assist the Director of Finance and Finance Manager as requested
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent experience in nonprofit or related industry (college degree preferred)
- Experience in accounting or other forms of financial management
- Ability to work in a high volume, time sensitive and deadline-oriented environment with a high degree of accuracy
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft products and web-based software (Sage 100 experience preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high comfort level working in diverse environments
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends as needed and requested
- Position occasionally requires heavy lifting
Employer-paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance; parking or bus pass; and 401K option
We are no longer accepting applications for AmeriCorps VISTA positions. To learn more about our program and view open positions in the future, visit our national service recruitment page.
Ohio's foodbanks are hiring throughout Ohio for a variety of positions! Check out their individual employment pages below:
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- The Foodbank, Inc. (Dayton)
- Freestore Foodbank (Cincinnati)
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Clark, Champaign and Logan Counties
- Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley
- Second Harvest Food Bank of North Central Ohio
- SE Ohio Foodbank & Kitchen
- Shared Harvest Foodbank (Fairfield)
- Toledo Northwestern Ohio Foodbank
- West Ohio Food Bank
The Ohio Association of Foodbanks does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other non-merit factor.